What's a Localist?
Someone who regularly supports local businesses and actively tries to find new ways to shift their dollars locally.
How to become a Localist:
- Use the member directory
- Donate to our campaigns
- Participate in our signature events
- Recommend local businesses to your friends and family
- Ask your employer to source from local vendors
What does “local” mean?
The businesses in our online directory are members of our organization. To be members, a business needs to be:
- Locally Owned
- Headquartered in West Michigan
- Privately Held (not traded on the stock market)
- Not a Franchise